One of the several subjects on which Dr. Myles Munroe still remains an authority after death is love, marriage, and the principles of male and female relationships. This is because he simplifies the spiritual gauze and makes people see God’s ideas as practicable.
Dr. Myles Munroe not only taught about a successful marriage, but he also had one himself.
Read more about Dr. Myles Munroe’s life here:
Before you go, I want to give you Lifetime Access to over $1,000 worth of mentorship materials from Dr. Myles Munroe on purpose, leadership, success, wealth, and the Kingdom. Get instant access to them here.
Quotes From Myles Munroe on Love, Marriage, and Relationships
1. The vast majority of relationship problems would be solved if every man and woman could only learn and apply this simple truth: Males are designed to give and females are designed to receive.
2. In spite of the many failed marriages, broken homes, divorce cases and disillusioned products of failed relationships, marriage is still a good idea. In fact, it is the best idea.
3. Marriage is such a good idea, only God could have thought of it
4. It is my belief that no matter how advanced man may become in science, technology, systems, and knowledge, he can never improve on the foundational precepts of marriage as the bedrock of social development.
5. It takes only a few minutes to get married, but building a marriage requires a lifetime.
6. Sex is one expression of commitment in marriage, but it never creates commitment. By itself, sex neither makes nor breaks a marriage.
7. A healthy “house” is the key to both a healthy church and a healthy society.
8. While the family is the basic foundation of any healthy society, marriage is the foundation of the family.
9. Marriage is still a good idea because it is GOD’S idea
10. The person we marry is not the person we will live with, because that person is changing all the time.
11. Success in marriage does not depend on spouses committing themselves to EACH OTHER as much as it does to their committing themselves to MARRIAGE, the unchanging institution that they have MUTUALLY entered into.
12. Godly marriage grows strong under pressure
13. We will never obtain God’s kind of marriage simply by going along with the crowd, doing what everybody else does. We have to dig deep into the heart of God to discover His principles.
14. Marriage is never just the coming together of two people, but a collision of their histories. It is a clash of cultures, experiences, memories, and habits. Marriage is the beautiful accommodation of another lifetime
15. Marriage is the God-ordained vehicle for fulfilling God-given sexual desire.
16. If God is calling you to marry, He wants to join you to someone with whom you can build a strong, godly home filled with love and grace—a home that exalts Jesus Christ as Lord.
17. Having sex is not a reason to get married; it is a reason to repent. Sexual abstinence is the only appropriate behavior for unmarried people, and especially believers.
18. A healthy marriage is the joining of a man and a woman as equal partners, both of whom are emotionally mature and secure in their self-image and personal identity.
Related: Enjoying Your Single Days by Dr Myles Munroe
19. Knowledge is the answer. A successful marriage has little to do with love. Love does not guarantee success in marriage. Love is very important for happiness in marriage, but by itself it cannot make a marriage work. The only thing that makes a marriage work is knowledge.
20. God designed marriage for success, and only His counsel can make it successful.
21. Marriage is bigger than the two people in it.
22. Changing institutions is not the solution to the problem. The key to growth and maturity is to hang on during the tough times and work through the problems.
23. The husband bears overall responsibility for the health and welfare of his wife and family, but he is not the “boss.”
24. A marriage without love is a slave to fear and division.
25. Love and fear cannot coexist. Where love abounds, fear is banished; where fear rises, love diminishes.
26. Even though they are born again, many believers have trouble in their marriages because they have unknowingly embraced the world’s values and views rather than God’s.
27. Marital fidelity means that your spouse’s health, happiness, security, and welfare take a higher place in your life than anything else except your own relationship with the Lord.
28. With all the resources that are currently available, and because so much is at stake, there is no excuse today for marital ignorance or illiteracy.
29. Nothing damages a marriage more than broken trust
30. Love in marriage is more than just a feeling or an emotion; it is a CHOICE.
31. Marriage is one of the refining processes by which God shapes men and women into the people He wants them to be.
32. A successful marriage is no accident. A successful marriage is the product of careful planning and deliberate design.
33. A husband’s top priority is to protect his wife and a wife’s, her husband. Together they are committed to protecting each other, preserving their marriage, and cultivating their companionship
34. A married couple should take time at the beginning of their marriage to establish clear parameters for how their families will relate to each other, and make sure that everyone involved understands those parameters.
35. Companionship in marriage is more important than circumstances of blood or birth.
36. The parent/child relationship is established by birth or adoption, but the husband/wife relationship is established by covenant.
37. When a man and a woman marry they are to leave their families of origin not only physically, but also mentally, financially, and emotionally.
38. True friendship is a spice of life
39. Love is not primarily an emotion, but an attitude of the heart.
40. Love defines God’s very nature
41. Marriage is the highest of all human relationships and friendship is the highest level of that relationship.
42. A couple should know as much as possible about each other—good and bad—before they stand together at the marriage altar.
43. When we know God we know love, for God is love. When we know God we know life, for God is life
44. In its proclamation that God deliberately, consciously, and unconditionally loves all people, the Bible is utterly unique.
45. AGAPE does not choose WHO to love, it chooses simply to love.
46. Unlike EROS, which is the epitome of selfishness, AGAPE acts first and foremost for the good and welfare of another.
47. Within the sacred and monogamous bounds of marriage as established and ordained by the Creator, sex is a warm, intimate, and beautiful expression of love, but by itself it is not love.
48. More often than not, problems in relationships stem primarily from the fact that men and women do not understand each other’s needs.
Related: 5 Unique Needs of Women and Men by Dr Myles Munroe
49. The greatest source of human joy and pain is found in the drama of love and relationships.
50. The male gives, the female receives; the male loves, the female responds.
51. Lack of knowledge is the fundamental and most frequent cause of failed relationships.
52. Within the sacred and monogamous bounds of marriage as established and ordained by the Creator, sex is a warm, intimate, and beautiful expression of love, but by itself it is not love.
53. Sacrificial love is in itself a form of submission. Sacrificial love is unconditional love—love without reason
54. Much of the traditional teaching on submission is based on a gross misunderstanding of the Scriptures, which has led to devastating results in the lives and relationships of countless women.
55. When believers bring worldly values and attitudes into their relationship, trouble always results.
56. Husbands and wives need to work out together the decision-making mechanics in the family and clearly articulate their expectations of each other.
There you have some quotes on love, relationships and marriage by Dr. Myles Munroe.
Don’t forget to grab your Lifetime Access to over $150 worth of mentorship materials from Dr. Myles Munroe on purpose, leadership, success, wealth and the Kingdom. Get instant access to them here. There you have some quotes from Dr Myles Munroe on Love, relationships and marriage.
Olusegun Iyejare is a career coach and certified counselor. He helps individuals discover and maximize their potential to live satisfying lives regardless of obvious limitations holding them back.
1 thought on “56 Shocking Myles Munroe Quotes on Love, Marriage, and Relationships”
His spirit shall leave with us forever as like Jesus Christ does because Jesus Christ is living in him(Dr Myles Munroe)