Dr Myles Munroe provided so much wisdom during his lifetime on the subject of male-female relationships, the roles and purpose of males and females as ordained by God both on earth and to the kingdom of God. In this article I have listed the 5 unique needs of women and men as well as the differences between men and women itemized by Dr Myles Munroe in his teachings. They are explained below but you can watch the video.
To really understand the place of these needs, Myles Munroe compared them to the roles of gasoline to a car. The owner of the car doesn’t need to like gasoline, he doesn’t need to take gasoline, but since he knows that his car cannot move without gasoline, he goes every length to get gasoline for his car.
In the same way, the items listed here are not things women and men want— they are things they need based on their design.
5 Unique Needs of Women by Myles Munroe
Women need affection— they don’t just want it. The woman will not thrive if she does not receive affection. Affection, according to Myles Munroe, is the application of an effect to produce an affect. Doing something that affects her positively.
Some of these things include telling her everyday that you love her, sending her flowers for no reason, holding her hands in public or kissing her in public in front of your old girlfriend, taking her for lunch for no reason, and the likes.
Giving a woman affection is not expensive, it just takes thoughts and you don’t need to be an “affectionate person”, you have to do it because that’s what she needs, just like a car needs gasoline. A woman doesn’t want affection. She needs it.
Women need conversation, not just quick question and answer sessions but deep conversations. It is in the nature of the woman to want to express herself and the man should be there to listen when she talks.
If a woman does not find a platform for conversation with her husband, she will either look for it elsewhere or hold it up and slowly break down in pain. Either of which will affect the marriage.
3. Honesty and Openness
Don’t tell another woman what you haven’t told your wife. The man must be totally honest and open with his wife. You should give her details about every development in your life, about the projects you are working on, the challenges you are facing, the plan you have for the future, and so on.
Once you begin to hide some things from your wife, you begin to make her feel secondary. A woman doesn’t want honesty and openness. She needs it.
4. Financial Support
No matter who earns more, it is the role of the husband to be the provider in the home. The woman should never be under pressure to supply; she can only choose to support. As the man you should give her resources to do what you ask her to do, and give her other resources to do what she wants to do. A woman does not want financial support, she needs it.
5. Family Commitment
Women need a man who will remain committed to his family, not a man whose presence and input isn’t certain. This can also be called a sense of security rising from that assurance that the man has a sense of responsibility over the family.
The man should be actively involved and interested in the activities of the family and not just in making money and bringing in supplies. The man should dedicate enough time and resources for the growth of the family.
These, according to Dr Myles Munroe are the 5 Unique Needs of Woman, without which they won’t thrive and the marriage wouldn’t be fulfilling.
5 Unique Needs of Men by Dr. Myles Munroe
1. Sexual fulfillment
The first basic need of a male is sexual fulfillment. Males are driven by this need. This drive is God-given and is so prominent in the male because he is the progenitor of the human family; he carries the seed. That’s why men are always ready for sex. Their sex drive is not cyclical.
2. Recreational companionship
The second most basic need of a male is recreational companionship. A man needs the woman in his life to be involved in his recreation. Most women do not recognize the importance of this need in a man’s life.
Find out what he likes to do and join him in it. Even if you do not like it yourself, at least take enough of an interest to have him teach or explain it to you.
3. An attractive woman
The third basic need of a male in a relationship is an attractive woman. This is because men are stimulated visually; that’s the way they are wired. Being “attractive” goes far beyond basic subjective opinions of beauty.
An attractive woman is one who takes care of herself and seeks to dress and wear her hair and carry herself in such a way as to appeal to the man in her life, to enhance those aspects of herself that attracted him initially
4. Domestic support
The fourth basic need of a male is domestic support. A man needs a haven, a safe refuge where he can come at the end of a day and find peace and serenity. In short, he needs a supportive home environment.
5. Admiration and respect
The fifth basic need of a male is admiration and respect. Men are wired with the need to know that the women they care about admire and respect them. Men do not want respect; they need it.
15 Differences Between Men and Women by Dr. Myles Munroe
- A man is a logical thinker while a woman is an emotional feeler.
- For a woman, language spoken is an expression of what she is feeling. For a man, language spoken is an expression of what he is thinking.
- Language that is heard by a woman is an emotional experience. Language that is heard by a man is the receiving of information.
- Women tend to take everything personally. Men tend to take everything impersonally.
- Women are interested in the details—the “nitty-gritty.” Men are interested in the principle—the abstract or the philosophy.
- In material things, women tend to look at goals only. Men want to know the details of how to get there.
- In spiritual or intangible things, men look at goals. Women want to know how to get there.
- A man’s mind is like a filing cabinet. A woman’s mind is like a computer.
- A woman’s home is an extension of her personality. A man’s job is an extension of his personality.
- Men can be nomadic. Women need security and roots.
- Women tend to be guilt-prone. Men tend to be resentful.
- Men are stable and level off. Women are always changing.
- Women tend to become involved more easily and more quickly than men do. Men tend to stand back and evaluate before they get involved.
- Men need to be told again and again. Women never forget.
- Men tend to remember the gist of things rather than the details. Women tend to remember the details and sometimes distort the gist.
Because you read this far, I want to give you Lifetime Access to over $1000 worth of mentorship materials from Dr. Myles Munroe on purpose, leadership, success, wealth and the Kingdom. Get instant access to life-changing materials now!.
Olusegun Iyejare is a career coach and certified counselor. He helps individuals discover and maximize their potential to live satisfying lives regardless of obvious limitations holding them back.