Worship and praise are two important aspects of the kingdom concept because of the fact that the King is also Lord— He owns everything and everyone in the Kingdom so we must continually thank and praise Him in acknowledgement of His Lordship.
I have written an in-depth article on Kingdom Worship, how we can worship God effectively and secure his presence. Read that here:
I also want to give you Lifetime Access to over $1,000 worth of mentorship materials from Dr. Myles Munroe on purpose, leadership, success, wealth and the Kingdom. Get instant access to them here.
Quotes from Dr. Myles Munroe on Worship and Praise
1. Every human is design to worship something
2. Worship is only found in Kingdoms; it benefits the worshiper not the King
3. The power of Kingdom worship is understanding
4. You are not supposed to go to a worship service; you are expected to become a walking worship
5. Worship is the culture of heaven
6. The lordship of kings is what makes worship natural
7. You have to know God to worship Him
8. You can only worship to the degree you know a person
9. Worship is determined by worth. You can’t worship what does not have worth to you
10. Any other worship other than to God is idolatry
11. Praise should be the natural result of the awareness of the Source of the resource that you have
12. When we acknowledge the Source, worship begins
13. God takes us through crises so we can know and experience Him more and worship Him
14. Praise is something you do; worship is something God receives
15. Praise describes; worship ascribes
16. It’s okay for people to praise you but you shouldn’t receive it
17. Worship is total transfer of credit to the supreme source
18. Worship is only reserved for the Lord
19. Worship is the acknowledgement and ascribing of all things to the Source
20. Challenges come to give us a new song
21. Worship is total transfer of credit to the supreme source
22. Worship is a result of whatever He asks for
23. God does not give money to worshippers; He gives it to managers
24. Praise and worship are God’s gifts to restore His presence to man
25. God’s friends are worshipers
26. God’s presence is the only essential ingredient in worship
27. When we praise God, we don’t have to look for Him because He comes to us.
28. To praise means to commend, to approve, to give a favorable judgment, to glorify, and to esteem.
29. Praising God by commendation means that we entrust ourselves to His care and recommend that others do the same.
30. Praising God by approval means that we have a favorable opinion of God, which we tell Him and others.
31. Praising by giving God glory means that we honor Him and express our admiration for Him.
32. Praise turns the focus of our life from us to God.
33. Before we can consistently praise God, we must get close enough to Him to see His true nature and character.
34. Praise is a conscious choice, an act of our will
34. A sacrifice of praise is the praise we give God from obedience despite how we feel.
35. You don’t need a special reason to praise God.
36. Every moment of every day is a suitable time for praise.
37. A lifestyle of praise teaches you to see and trust God’s work in your life.
38. Private praise prepares you for public praise and worship.
37. Private praise prepares you for public victory.
38. Praise in the beginning of the day gives God room to handle whatever comes your way in the rest of the day.
39. Praise may be both direct and indirect. When you commend God to others, you are praising Him indirectly.
40. Complaining destroys the atmosphere created by praise.
41. Your new song every day keeps God’s presence with you.
42. Praise takes many forms but must always be visible or audible.
43. We cannot choose which forms of praise we want to use. We need to praise God with our whole being.
44. God does not need your praise.
45. Your praise does not change or affect Him. Your praise changes and affects you.
46. Praise based on faith thanks God for what He will do, before He does it.
Don’t forget to grab your Lifetime Access to over $1,000 worth of mentorship materials from Dr. Myles Munroe on purpose, leadership, success, wealth and the Kingdom. Get instant access to them here.
Olusegun Iyejare is a career coach and certified counselor. He helps individuals discover and maximize their potential to live satisfying lives regardless of obvious limitations holding them back.